Back in 2015, when I had just started sewing bags, one of the first designers I ‘found’ was ChrisW.
I’m so glad for that. Without knowing it, I learned heaps from her patterns. I even started with an advanced pattern.
Little did I know that sewing curves and piping is not considered ‘easy’ or beginner-ish 😉
The benefit of using one of Christine’s patterns is that she is not just explaining what you have to do, but also gives an explanation as to why.
Another bag I made at the start of my sewing life was Evelyn. To make this one I used a fleece like caftan fabric. Yes that is rather thick. and no my machine was not happy 😉
The 3rd picture is from the Pick a Pocket, a slimline wallet. That wallet has been my day to day wallet for over a year.
When Marsha asked if I wanted to join in the World Blog Tour, it was an immediate ‘YES’ from me. I wanted to have an excuse to sew some more of Christine’s patterns, and also to remake her Evelyn.
I have nearly all Christine’s patterns and have made most all of them.
She has designed 2 of the most amazing wallets. The Penny inn is not for the faint hearted, but any ‘Pippi Longstocking’ with a decent domestic machine can do it.
The Pick a Pocket is doable by anybody.
Did you know that Christine recently started making video’s for her patterns? Yes, I’m not alone anymore 😉
Now you can have a chance to get a few of her patterns as well, with a discount. Go and browse through her shop and use the code GlobalBlogTour17 to get a 20% discount.
For me, I’m allowed to gift 2 patterns for the Evelyn to readers of my blog.
I choose 2 winners and gave an consolation price to 17 others. The winners will have to wait till the end of the Tour.
Comment below and give an answer to this: What is Naaielaere?
(I’m only going to approve your comment with the correct answer after today. So please do comment)
- ChrisW Designs is taking 20% off all patterns until end of day (Australian Central Standard Time) November 21. Code GlobalBlogTour17 (applied automatically with this link. Buy without fear: If you purchase during the tour and then win a pattern, your purchase price will be refunded.
- Handbag Hardware Australia is offering a 10% discount for the duration of the tour. Use code: CWD10. (Excludes interfacing and Emmaline Bling.)
- Bobbin Girl has a 10% discount using code BLOGTOUR17. (Not to be combined with any other discount or rewards points.)
- Gold Star Tool is taking 15% off for our tour readers. Use code chriswdesigns.
- Zipit is also offering a 10% discount on shop items. Use code ChrisWDesigns.
These sponsors were so generous to donate towards the big prizes.
- 3 digital patterns from ChrisWDesigns
- 7 yard bundle of WovenFuse interfacing from Got Interfacing?
- $25 USD voucher from Hawthorne Threads
- Sugar and Spice hardware kit from Handbag Hardware Australia
- Ellen’s Esplanade hardware kit from Handbag Hardware Australia
- $50 CAD shop voucher from MM Cork Supply
- $50 USD shop voucher from Sew Sweetness
- $30 CAD shop voucher from Emmaline Bags
- $100 USD gift card from Gold Star Tool
- $30 USD gift certificate from Zipit
- $50 USD gift certificate from Fat Quarter Shop
(Australia Central Standard Time)
// Please note that none of these post links are available before the scheduled date (ACST). If you click on one too early, you will get an “Error 404: Page not found.” You know about those, right? //
Sunday, November 12
- Tour Launch on ChrisW Designs Blog
Monday, November 13
Tuesday, November 14
Wednesday, November 15
Thursday, November 16
Friday, November 17
Saturday, November 18
- Tour Docking and Giveaway on Flying by the Seam of my Pants
Tuesday, November 21
- Giveaway winners announced on all the blogs:
ChrisW Blog, Glitter in my Coffee, Michelle’s Creations, Flying by the Seam of my Pants, Serial Bagmakers, Tiger in a Tornado, Vanaehsa, Judith Stitches and More, Doctora Botones, Sewsewilse, Suck It Up Buttercup, Vicky Myers Creations, Marvelous Auntie M, inspinration, Fée bricolo, Trisha’s Craft Corner