Yesterday I told you that I had been asked to take part in the ChrisW Designs World Blog Tour. 15 Bloggers, Christine herself and two crazy involved ladies (Marsha and Michelle) who are working together to make this week ‘ChrisW Designs’ week.
We have prizes to give away, discounts and more (I can give away 2 free patterns among the readers of this blog !!)
Since I have already used and made so many of ChrisW Designs patterns, there are not many left for me to choose from. (Yes we each got a free pattern for doing this.)Eventually I choose the City slicker. A smaller ‘armpit’ handbag but still big enough. I don’t have a car and do everything on my bicycle, so I have to carry everything I need with me. I do my groceries between work and home and carry a few bring your own bags inside my handbag. My wallet is not the smallest (Penny Inn) because I want to have all my membership cards with me. My iPad is always with me, as are my cordless noise reduction headphones (I like to watch a movie during my lunch break.) For all other ‘normal’ people, this handbag is the perfect size.
This bag has pockets galore. On the inside there are 3 slip pockets over 2 slip pockets (Chris even made a seperate addendum for this pocket style!) and a (normal) zipper pocket (ideal if you want to turn the bag though the bottom of the zipper pocket.)
On the outside you have the front twist lock pocket and a back slip pocket which is handy for quick access to your phone (something you will find in most Christine’s patterns.)
I have stitched several bags, correct. I am persistent, I don’t give up and I don’t quit. I’m Pippi Longstocking; ‘If I have never done it, then I can probably do it.’ So, even if this bag is considered ‘Advanced’ (Christine’s severest rating) I never once encountered a place where I had to scratch my head. The main reason – and I am sure of that: Christine’s patterns are second to none!
Do you want to win one of the 2 City Slicker patterns?
Then comment to this blog post and tell me : What was the first bag Anne made and in what year was that?
- ChrisW Designs is taking 20% off all patterns until end of day (Australian Central Standard Time) November 21. Code GlobalBlogTour17 (applied automatically with this link. Buy without fear: If you purchase during the tour and then win a pattern, your purchase price will be refunded.
- Handbag Hardware Australia is offering a 10% discount for the duration of the tour. Use code: CWD10. (Excludes interfacing and Emmaline Bling.)
- Bobbin Girl has a 10% discount using code BLOGTOUR17. (Not to be combined with any other discount or rewards points.)
- Gold Star Tool is taking 15% off for our tour readers. Use code chriswdesigns.
- Zipit is also offering a 10% discount on shop items. Use code ChrisWDesigns.
- 3 digital patterns from ChrisWDesigns
- 7 yard bundle of WovenFuse interfacing from Got Interfacing?
- $25 USD voucher from Hawthorne Threads
- Sugar and Spice hardware kit from Handbag Hardware Australia
- Ellen’s Escapade hardware kit from Handbag Hardware Australia
- $50 CAD shop voucher from MM Cork Supply
- $50 USD shop voucher from Sew Sweetness
- $30 CAD shop voucher from Emmaline Bags
- $100 USD gift card from Gold Star Tool
- $30 USD gift certificate from Zipit
- $50 USD gift certificate from Fat Quarter Shop
(Australia Central Standard Time)
// Please note that none of these post links are available before the scheduled date (ACST). If you click on one too early, you will get an “Error 404: Page not found.” You know about those, right? //
Sunday, November 12
- Tour Launch on ChrisW Designs Blog
Monday, November 13
Tuesday, November 14
Wednesday, November 15
Thursday, November 16
Friday, November 17
Saturday, November 18
- Tour Docking and Giveaway on Flying by the Seam of my Pants
Tuesday, November 21
- Giveaway winners announced on all the blogs:
ChrisW Blog, Glitter in my Coffee, Michelle’s Creations, Flying by the Seam of my Pants, Serial Bagmakers, Tiger in a Tornado, Vanaehsa, Judith Stitches and More, Doctora Botones, Sewsewilse, Suck It Up Buttercup, Vicky Myers Creations, Marvelous Auntie M, inspinration, Fée bricolo, Trisha’s Craft Corner